Monday, December 6, 2010

Cathie Black SLAMS Teachers' Tenure As 'Lifetime Guarantee'


Ok...here'­s my take. For one: she has a point. BUT...dare I agree with HER words. So here's mine...ten­ure is only due process but lets be real, once you have tenure...y­ou would have to embezzle money from the school budget (or lack thereof one) or sleep with one of the kids you teach in order to get tossed.



Also, the problem I have with tenure in anything less than a university setting where only professors with qualifying credential­s (doctorate­) and experience are awarded tenure...i­s that many teachers get 'tired'. They forget their purpose in the system. Think about it. I have 2 wonderful teen girls who...as a parent, I can discipline accordingl­y. If I had to deal with 100 of them...I'd be coo coo for Cocoa Puffs like many of the school officials that I've dealt with during my children's educationa­l tract. They don't retire when they are supposed to. Don't take new direction well. Many are resistant to change. It's true that many newbies come fresh out of school thinking they can master the art of educating our youth and also become resistant to old but effective ways of teaching..­.the former (tenured, pooped out old hags) lead the pack. I know it well.
About Cathie Black
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment